Written By D.
There are many jokes on the internet right now that refer to TOTUS, the President’s teleprompter. I hear it even has its own official seal. The references are mostly in regards to O being fed information through his teleprompter and his apparent dependency on it.
This dependency on a teleprompter by someone we were told during the campaign was highly intelligent because of his Ivy League education and speaking ability, is an interesting observation. It appears that his ability to communicate diminishes substantially without it and that is troubling.
But instead of dwelling on the teleprompter, shouldn’t the real question be who is behind the teleprompter?
Like the Wizard of Oz, the Wizard was larger than life but behind the smoke and projected image was a little man hidden behind a curtain who was the true ruler of Oz.
So shouldn’t we be asking who really rules Oz and, like Toto, pull back the curtain to expose those who are trying to project the image of O as a “great and powerful” Wizard? After all, even Dorothy’s little dog Toto knew enough to sniff out a sham and expose it.
We need to start asking who is in charge? Americans need to know because we didn’t elect that person, he is neither POTUS nor TOTUS – but he appears to be in control and is formulating some very bad policy for our country.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Written By D.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Written By D.
I hear by way of American Thinker http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/03/obama_wants_you_to_pledge_loya.html that the O Groupies are out knocking on doors trying to get people to pledge their allegiance to O.
Last I heard there was only one Pledge of Allegiance in the United States and it wasn’t a pledge of allegiance to a politician.
Now, historically, there was only one President who, theoretically, could have been King and that was George Washington. We all know George didn’t think that was a good idea and I tend to agree with him, and I would guess so do the vast majority of Americans.
Either the O Groupies never learned the basic history of our country or they chose to ignore it because they blindly place their worship of one politician ahead of all else.
So just in case they missed it – here is our country’s Pledge of Allegiance;
“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of American, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.”
I also suggest that the O Groupies wake up and smell the Democracy inherent in our pledge before it is too late.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Written By D.
On December 7, 1941 Pearl Harbor was bombed and it marked our entry into WWII.
After the Pearl Harbor attack, Japan’s Fleet Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto is attributed to have said, “I fear that all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.” The Admiral had spent time in the U.S. so he had a better understanding of our people and capabilities than most of the Japanese leaders of the time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isoroku_Yamamoto
I am reminded of that quote often as I watch patriotic grassroots movements springing up all over this land.
People are not just shocked by the new administration’s Socialist laden activities of the past several weeks, they are angered.
It is very foolish for the Socialists to believe in the complacency of Americans. But that is just what they are doing and are counting on it for their success. Like the Zero fighters, Val dive bombers and Kate torpedo bombers aiming to take out our ships at Pearl Harbor causing as much damage as possible, the Socialists are swarming in trying to destroy as much of our capitalistic system as possible before we have time to react. In doing so, the Socialists hope to take Democracy down with it.
While there are people who are content to rely on the government gravy train and resent others for their hard work and success, the vast majority of Americans believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as well as the freedom to pursue opportunity. They know their hope for a good life and bright future for their children is tied to that of their country and the future survival of both Democracy and Capitalism.
The silent majority have been jolted awake by the Socialist policies of this President. In pursuing these policies against the beliefs of most Americans, all he has succeeded in doing is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with resolve.
Many millions of Americans are now wide awake, they don’t like what they see and they are resolved to make their voices heard. This is truly an historic moment we are witnessing. It is the blessing given to us by our forefathers, it is Democracy in action.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Written By D.
Blitzkrieg as defined at Wikipedia; “an all-mechanized force concentrating its attack on a small section of the enemy front then, once the latter is pierced, proceeding without regard to its flank.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitzkrieg
In World War II, The French & English were defeated in the Battle of France by Blitzkrieg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_France
Right now we are experiencing the Socialist political equivalent of Blitzkrieg. The liberals are concentrating on quickly destroying capitalism and enacting laws that will restrict our freedoms by using a highly mechanized force of the like-minded. This is aimed at forcing highly unpopular government taxes and controls on the rest of us – the silent majority.
Traditional politics as played by the GOP is like a Maginot Line whose purpose is defensive. The Low Countries (RINOs) are a weak spot. The Ardennes is the unattended forest of issues attacking our basic rights because freedom, taken for granted until now, seemed unnecessary to defend and impossible to break through.
Well folks, the tanks are rolling right over the Low Countries and they are breaking through the Ardennes. The Maginot Line is being flanked. This is not traditional politics we are facing … this is Socialist Blitzkrieg.
Do you think maybe it is time to do something? And I don’t mean retreat to the coast and hope that ships will come along and carry us to safety. In this battle for freedom no ships will be coming to save us. Yep, it’s time to take a stand, it is time to move forward and go on the political offensive.
What can the Conservatives & the GOP do to defeat the Blitzkrieg?
1. STOP the GOP mea culpa talk immediately. Our leaders need to take the philosophical fight to the enemy, and end the “girlie man” self recriminations.
2. DEVELOP a clear, simple message that is easily understood by all and keep repeating it
3. ABANDON the Maginot Line defensive attitude and go on the attack in a unified manner. The Tea Parties are a good start in the right direction.
4. IGNORE MSM criticism completely, this is no time to be sensitive about what the people who hate your guts and are out to destroy you think
5. USE the conservative websites, blogs and social media to share and spread the message
6. KEEP UP the pressure on elected representative at the state and federal level. Start putting that same pressure on the judicial branch, let them know you are watching and start calling for the resignations of judges who ignore our Constitution.
7. FOCUS your criticism and stop prefacing them with complements about speaking ability or intellect. Remember where the buck stops and that’s where you focus, forget the other lib clowns, for now. If the last 8 years were Bushes fault, then everything from here on out is O’s fault.
8. REMEMBER this is not about you it is about the “US” in USA, so put aside any pettiness or power trips and work together.
9. TALK to anyone who will listen, remember you are “PROUD TO BE A CONSERVATIVE” and unafraid to share its philosophy. You can start by asking people if they are better off now than they were a month ago and keep adding to it as the months go by.
10. VOTE in every election like your freedom depends on it and make sure all your like-minded family and friends get out and vote
11. JUST say no to compromise that isn’t bipartisan and to legislation that robs you of your freedom and your money.
Just remember, the French & English lost the Battle of France to Blitzkrieg, but the Americans won the Battle of the Bulge ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Bulge) because when the Germans tried the same type of Blitzkrieg tactics again in the Ardennes, the U.S. 101st Airborne Division and General McAuliffe, though surrounded, held out, kept fighting and famously said, "NUTS!" in response to German demands for surrender. General Patton arrived with the 3rd Army to relieve them – proving Blitzkrieg works both ways. Four months later the war was over, Hitler was gone and so was his brand of Socialism.